Paper Journal is growing and we’re excited to have a number of opportunities available at our London studio.
Paper Journal online is published quarterly with rotating content focusing on features and interviews with photographers, photobook reviews, additions to our We Love section, studio visits with photographers, as well as commissioned editorials.
Alongside this, we’ve recently gone into print with our first issue and we are currently planning our 2nd issue, as well as our first photobook series. We are also looking to expand our reach with bespoke editorial content for brands, labels and institutions, as well as focus on our ever-growing social channels, particularly our popular Instagram account. We’re looking for people with a good range of skills who are happy and willing to help us grow.
Marketing/Social Media Assistant, 1 day per week
- Assist with brainstorming ideas for marketing campaigns
- Upload content (text and images) to the main site (WordPress)
- Create copy and schedule posts for our social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Create Instagram stories, promoting new online content, our published works, and events
- Assist with creating our e-newsletter (Mailchimp)
Skills and Requirements
- Strong use and understanding of social media platforms
- Experience using WordPress, basic HTML, MailChimp, Google docs and calendar, Dropbox
- Experience, or knowledge, of social media apps such as TweetDeck, Repost, Hootsuite
- Good understanding of Google and Facebook/Instagram analytics
- Basic/Intermediate level Photoshop
- Access to your own laptop
- The ability to work well in a small team, as well as autonomously
- The option to work from home
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Marketing/Social Media Assistant’, a brief covering letter, CV, link to your website and/or Instagram. Deadline: 28 February 2019.
We’re always looking for great, new writers to share interviews, essays, photobook reviews and more for our website as well as our forthcoming print issue. We are also open to writers pitching ideas! If you’re interested in writing for us, please email email@example.com with a brief covering letter, CV, link to your website and/or Instagram, and 2 examples of recent work. Deadline: ongoing