Magazine and small-print publisher Paper Journal showcases photography in an exciting and engaging way; it combines critical yet accessible writing with the work of some of the worlds best emerging and established talents.
Our contributors range from journalists, photographers, fashion editors, stylists, and industry professionals. It is essential reading for anyone interested in photography.
Our publications are stocked worldwide, including bookshops, speciality stores and concept spaces, and our first print issue, Paper Journal 01, (2018) is housed in the permanent collection of several cultural and educational institutions.
Based in Melbourne, London, and NYC and with contributors from all over the world, Paper Journal continues to grow with a series of independent exhibitions, printed publications, talks and events.
- Founding Editor in Chief Patricia Karallis
- Editor Giada De Agostinis
- Fashion Director Shirley Amartey
- Editorial Assistant Jacob Charles Wilson
- General mail email@example.com
Since launching in 2013, Paper Journal has reached both the establishment as well as emerging, contemporary opinion leaders. Our highest readership comes from the US (California and NYC), followed closely by the UK (London), overall reaching 103 different countries.
We have worked with a number of high-profile brands and institutions, including Blurb, The British Journal of Photography, The Photographers’ Gallery, Webber Gallery, We Transfer, MACK, Photolucida, Photography Studies College, Fruit Art Book Fair, and more.
If you’re interested in advertising either on our online platform or in print and would like information on our ever-growing audience as well as our rates, please get in touch. Similarly, if you’re interested in developing a partnership with us, please email Patricia Karallis, our Founding Editor in Chief, who will be happy to assist.
- BJP Best of 2017
- BJP Best of 2018
- BJP & AOP Image Magazine, Issue 1
- Elephant Magazine – The Time is Now: Anti-Racism Fundraiser
- Feature Shoot
- Hypebeast – The Time is Now: Anti-Racism Fundraiser
- i-D – The Time is Now: Anti-Racism Fundraiser
- It’s Nice That
- It’s Nice That
- Metal Magazine – The Time is Now: Anti-Racism Fundraiser
- Nataal – The Time is Now: Anti-Racism Fundraiser
- Self Publish Be Happy
- Somewhere Magazine – The Time is Now: Anti-Racism Fundraiser
- The Heavy Collective
- The Photographers’ Gallery
- Vogue Italia – The Time is Now: Anti-Racism Fundraiser
- Wallpaper* – Inspiring photography from the picture desk
- Wallpaper* – Paper Journal Annual 2019
Paper Journal in Print
In 2018, we went from online to offline, with our first print issue. Our issue was launched in London at Webber Gallery, as well as at New York Art Book Fair, and was nominated for a Lucie Award in the Photography Magazine of the Year category.
Paper Journal 01 is stocked worldwide, including some of our favourite bookshops, speciality stores and concept spaces. If you can’t find our issue in-store, we also ship worldwide from our online store.
For new U.K/European distribution enquiries, please contact Bryony Lloyd at Antenne Books. For all other stockists enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acknowledgement of Country
We acknowledge the Wurundjeri people of the Eastern Kulin nation, who are the traditional custodians of the land where we work. We also pay our respects to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and respectfully acknowledge their Ancestors and Elders, past and present.